Standard information form for package tour agreements
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package tour within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302, transposed by the law of November 21, 2017 on the sale of package tours, linked travel arrangements and travel services.
Consequently, you can claim all EU rights applicable to package tours. J&P Travel is fully responsible for the proper execution of the entire package tour. J&P Travel also has the legally required protection to refund you and,
if transportation is included in the package tour, to repatriate in the event they become/are insolvent.
Basic rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302
– Before concluding the package tour contract, the traveler will receive all essential information about the package tour.
– Liability for the proper performance of all travel services included in the contract always rests with at least one professional.
– The traveler will be given an emergency telephone number or details regarding a contact point through which he can contact the organizer or travel agent.
– The traveler may transfer the package tour to another person, subject to a reasonable period of time and, if necessary, upon payment of additional charges.
– The price of the package trip may be increased only if specific costs increase (for example, fuel prices), if this is expressly included in the contract, and in any case no later than twenty days before the start of the package trip. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the package tour price, the traveler may cancel the contract. If the organizer reserves the right to a price increase, the traveler is entitled to a price reduction if the relevant costs would decrease.
– In case any of the essential elements of the package tour, except the price, is significantly changed, the traveler may cancel the contract without payment of a cancellation fee and will receive a full refund. If the professional responsible for the package trip cancels the package trip before the start of the package trip, the traveler is entitled to a refund and, if appropriate, compensation.
– The traveler may cancel the contract in exceptional circumstances without payment of a cancellation fee before the start of the package trip, for example, when there are serious security problems at the destination that are likely to affect his package trip.
– In addition, the traveler may cancel the contract at any time before the start of the package tour upon payment of an appropriate and justified cancellation fee.
– If after the start of the package tour significant elements of the package tour cannot be delivered as agreed, a suitable alternative package must be offered to the traveler at no additional cost. If the services are not performed according to the contract and this significantly affects the performance of the package tour and the organizer has not remedied this problem, the traveler may cancel the package tour contract without payment of a cancellation fee.
– In case of travel services not performed or not properly performed, the traveler is also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation.
– The organizer is obliged to provide assistance to travelers in difficulty.
– If the organizer or reseller becomes insolvent, the amounts paid will be refunded. If the insolvency of the organizer or, if applicable, the reseller occurs after the start of the package trip and transportation is included in the trip or vacation, repatriation of the traveler will be provided. J&P Travel has secured insolvency protection from The Travel Guarantee Fund. When services are not provided due to the insolvency of J&P Travel, travelers may contact this entity or, where appropriate, the competent authority through Guarantee Fund Travel, Boulevard de la Metrology 8, 1130 Brussels, telephone: 02 240 68 00.
Directive (EU) 2015/2302,as transposed by the law of November 21, 2017 on the sale of
package tours, linked travel arrangements and travel services: